Friday, August 16, 2013

That One Time I Met Ed Sheeran.

     So last week we went into Chicago and of course it was crowded, but when is the city not crowded on a summer day? However this Saturday was particularly crowded, turns out Taylor Swift was playing at Soldier Field as a stop on her 2013 RED Tour. We saw plenty of girls running around doused in red glitter. I knew that Ed Sheeran was opening for T-Swift and was very jealous of everyone going. I also looked up if there were any tickets left, there were, but at $100 a pop. There was no way that was happening. So I gave up and we went on our way luckily avoiding most of the concert crowd. We had gotten lunch and walked through some stores when we all started to head back to where the car was parked. We weren't sure if we wanted to just go home or if we wanted to go anywhere else so we just pulled over to the side of the sidewalk to discuss what the next plan was.

     As we are standing there talking I just happen to turn my head and I see the one and only Ed Sheeran! He was walking right towards us, no entourage or anything, just him and a friend strolling the streets of Chicago. On the inside I am freaking out because holy crap freaking Ed Sheeran is like ten feet away from me. No one else Im with sees him, let alone knows who he is so Im was in this by myself. He got closer so I just stepped out said hi and asked him for a picture. He was nice enough to stop and take a picture, so I whip out my phone and throw it at my mom. Everyone I was with was so into their conversation to even notice until I was actually with him. Like I said no one really knew who he was and the looks of utter confusion on everyones face proved that they were all wondering who this guy was. So I got my picture and talked with him for a second, it was great! The british accent wasn't so bad either ;) I was in shock that this famous singer/songwriter was just walking around without a care. It just goes to show that fame can affect people in so many ways and it is apparent that he has not let his fame change who he is and how he acts. I was still very jealous of everyone that got to see him perform...but you know what meeting him was pretty freaking awesome too!

     For all of you who haven't heard of Ed Sheeran watch this video and listen to his music. This song is called The A Team and it is off his debut album +

No comments:

Post a Comment