Friday, September 13, 2013

Long Days.

     So Anna and I have always wanted to get involved with a program known as Get Connected here at school, but we never got around to, that is until last semester. At the end of the Spring semester some people came knocking on our door begging for volunteers for Get Connected, and when I say begging they were literally begging, they might as well have been on their knees pleading for us to come interview. They were pretty desperate for volunteers because Get Connected is a huge event each semester. Basically Get Connected is the new student orientation here at BYU-Idaho. I really enjoyed my experience at Get Connected my first semester (that's where I met Anna), so I figured why not interview and see if I make it. And I think you can conclude that yes Anna and I both got elected to become I-Reps. Basically we are set as representatives walking around campus while all of the new freshman are moving in. We didn't really know much else.

     We had to be at school a few days early in order to train for the events. Let me just say I was not prepared for how long each day of training was going to be. It was 9.5 hours of straight training both Wednesday and Thursday. Honestly we got back from it and went straight to bed. We just exhausted in every way possible.

     Well here comes the real kicker... Today we had to be up on campus at 6:30am to get our assignments. I was in charge of checking in new students at an off campus apartment complex where I sat outside in a lovely polo and khakis for 7 hours. Let me tell you I am now rocking a great farmers tan and a sunburnt face. However it was fun to see the excited freshman right as they got here. It reminded me of how excited I was two years ago to start college and be on my own. It did make me feel really old though. It seems so crazy that it has already been two years since I started school.

     And after seven hours of being outside the day was far from over. I had to walk around campus guiding the new students all over. Basically I just felt like a tour guide telling where people to go and where they can find things. In a weird way it was fun. I really liked being looked to for help. So by now its like 8:00pm and I finally have a break (hence the creation of this post). But not for long I am just headed out the door to host the game night. My day won't end until around midnight.

And the worst  best part is I get to do it all over again tomorrow morning starting at 6:30 am again!

I-Rep Get Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment