Thursday, August 15, 2013

I'm No Longer Living Out Of A Suitcase.

     After three weeks of traveling I am finally back home! It has been so fun going all over visiting family and friends. Our three week vacation started out in Utah. I drove down from Idaho after school ended and met the family. We were able to spend time with Sarah, Matt, and Benson. They moved into their own house so Mom, Sarah, and I had fun decorating the place. It looks so cute! Of course playing with Benson was so fun. He is starting to get so much bigger. He is really developing his personality. I loved seeing my Grandma and Grandpa one more time before they moved back to Arizona. Jill and Nana came up too! I hadn't seen either of them in a long time, so it was great to spend time with them too. The whole family came in town for a very special occasion. Benson was blessed. It was truly a great day.

     The next part of our vacation landed us back home in Chicago. Parker, Mom, and I drove from Connecticut to Illinois. We did it in two days so it really wasn't that terrible. Dad, of course, got the great pleasure of flying. 

     Our purpose of going to Chicago was not just to see our friends but my best friend since the day we moved there, Justin just got home from serving his two year mission in McAllen Texas, and Parkers best friend Scott was leaving for his mission to Fresno California. The funny thing is these two are brothers so it was cool to welcome one home and send another off. We were able to do a lot and also just hung out like old times. We played cards, went to all our favorite restaurants, played just dance, Justin and I went to a White Sox game, and of course we went into the city. I was also able to see one of my old roommates Jenny who is serving her mission in Chicago! It was such a great trip. 



       
    

     All of the travel has fun and it was great seeing family and old friends, but let me tell you it sure is nice not living out of a suitcase anymore! I am home for about three weeks and then am headed back to school. I am just going to relax and enjoy the weeks I have at home with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment