Thursday, March 28, 2013

Who Would Have Thought?

     22 days. There are 22 more days until I am back in Rexburg. It may come as a surprise to some people but I cannot wait to go back! Due to the weird BYU-I track system I have been off school for he past three months. This has been my second long break and honestly this time around I have missed little Rexburg more than ever. Now never in my life did I ever imagine myself missing a little town in Idaho. But really ever since starting school back in the fall of 2011, Rexburg has really grown on me. Like most people I was skeptical of the place when I first got there. There isn't much there, a few grocery stores, a small movie theater, Mcdonalds, Walmart, and Applebees are the main attractions. Other than the small neighborhoods and the college it's nothing but open farmland. I have always lived near a big city, so the fact that I was going to go to Idaho for school was a big change two years ago. But over the past two years I have learned to really appreciate the small town lifestyle. 
     My family moved while I was in school about 9 months ago to Connecticut, and don't get me wrong I love it here, but it just doesn't feel like home. It has been great being back with my family and will miss them constantly being around. I just can't wait to get back, be in a routine, start classes, and be with my friends (both old and new). 
Idaho Summer's are the best!
The count down until I leave has begun! 

1 comment:

  1. If it's any comfort, CT doesn't feel like home to me either and I'm the one who moved us here.

    ReplyDelete