Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Getting Crafty

     For all of you that know me, you know I go to a lot of concerts and different events. Something I have always done is keep the tickets of all the events I have gone to. The thing is I never have anywhere to put them. Recently my wallet has been getting stuffed with tickets and I have a ziplock bag filled in a drawer. A while ago I saw a picture of someone who put all of their movie stubs into a shadow box. I thought that that was a simple and fun way to keep my tickets all in one spot. I just never got around to it.
     Now that I am home from school my mom and I have been a little bit craft obsessed. Im not kidding we spent three hours at a JoAnn Fabric a few weeks ago. We have been making blankets and all sorts of fun things for Sarah's baby. Today we were out running some errands and had to pick up some things at a Michaels, so I decided that I was finally going to make my shadow box.
     It was so simple, I just picked out what size box I wanted and then decided I was going to back it in scrapbook paper. It was super cheap, the whole thing cost me a grand total of seven dollars flat! It was so easy to make all I did was glue the paper to the backing and then filled it with all my tickets. Its a fun display I can add to a desk wherever I am.
The finished product
I loved the way it turned out and who knows maybe one day I will have to get a bigger shadow box!

No comments:

Post a Comment