Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sweet Home Chicago

     I was able to spend about a week in Chicago. I went to say goodbye to two of my best friends, Sam and Kazia, who are setting out to serve a year and a half mission for our church. I also got to go back to Naperville and see some great friends. It was so much fun going back and seeing how things had changed and how much has stayed the same since we left. Being back made me realize what great friends we made while there, and it also made me realize that the friends we made will always be our friends no matter how far away we are from each other. It was funny to be back and it was like I had never left. 
     We spent two days in the city. The weather cooperated very nicely, it was the middle of January and I wasn't wearing a coat. Both days it was about 55 degrees! We also had a surprise visit from Krista so we took her to all the fun tourist spots because it was her first time in Chicago. 
The Bean
Ice Skating at Millennium Park
     Then it was time for goodbyes, Kazia gave an awesome farewell talk which proved that she was so ready to go out and serve the people in Everett, Washington. I am so happy to have friends that are such a great example to me. Even though Im going to miss both Kazia and Sam so much but I know that they will be doing the Lords work, and really a year and a half will go by so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment