Sunday, April 27, 2014

Getting' Our Country On.

     I used to love country music, then I went through a phase where I hated it, and ever since I've lived in Idaho I have come back around to loving it. Last night I went to my first country concert. Scotty McCreery came and played here in good ole Rexburg. I remember watching his American Idol audition back in 2010 and when I heard him sing "Baby lock them doors and turn them lights down low" in that deep voice of his I knew he was going to be my favorite. It also didn't hurt that he was absolutely adorable, and let me tell you he is all that and more! As a 20 year old whose rise to fame was very public, you would think Scotty would get caught up in all of it. After his show last night I can attest that that is not the case. He is one of the most down to earth and respectful performers I have ever seen. He was so personable with the audience, in between songs he would just start talking and had conversation with the audience. Honestly with that accent, I wouldn't have cared if he had talked the whole time;) He sang his songs new and old, and even threw in a few covers. It was truly a great show and performance. It got me so pumped for this summer, driving around the back roads of Idaho with the windows down, blasting some good ole country music!

Katelyn, Anna, and I before the show
   

No comments:

Post a Comment