Saturday, December 14, 2013

We See Babylon Everywhere.

     "We do not need to adopt the standards, the mores, and the morals of Babylon. We can create Zion in the midst of Babylon."
-Elder David R. Stone

     This semester I changed my minor to Sociology. I am loving it and so glad that I decided to make that change. However I am learning so much and a lot of what I am learning is upsetting. It is scary to me how much society influences us. Don't get me wrong society is not all bad, but there are so many things out there that permeates our environment with evil. After this semester I cannot walk outside without seeing the negative affect society has on the people around me.

     As the semester has come to an end our teacher had our class read a General Conference talk titled Zion in the Midst of Babylon given by Elder David R. Stone in April of 2006. I thought it was amazing! In his talk he goes on about how we can be lights in the darkness that encompasses our society and culture today. We truly do see Babylon all around us, we must do all that we can in order to remain in our own personal Zion.

    I recommend that you all read or listen to his talk. It had a great impact on me and we can all have a simple reminder to better ourselves.

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2006/04/zion-in-the-midst-of-babylon?lang=eng#watch=video

2 comments:

  1. Great insight. Reading the talk was a great way to start my Sunday. Thanks, Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, thanks is a good recommendation to listening elder Stone, Is difficult live in zion way surrended by babylon.

    ReplyDelete