Monday, October 28, 2013

Just A Normal Friday Night.

     Last Thursday night Brad calls me at 11:30 at night wanting to come over and tell Anna and I something, and if you know me and Anna our bedtime is 10:00pm. He was persistent so I climbed out of bed, and well Anna, she fell out of bed.  So Brad is all excited and tells us he got free tickets to the BYU vs. Boise State football game in Provo for Friday night. So in that moment the three of us decided we were driving down to Provo the next day. The problem was that I had work until 2 on Friday and the game started at 6 so we knew we were going to be cutting it close. The other problem was that Brad had a football game he had to be back for on Saturday early afternoon and Anna had work at 5. So our decision was either drive back that night after the game or get up early and drive back Saturday morning. Let me remind you its now like midnight, so we weren't thinking straight and decided we would just drive back after the game. We would be driving through the night but Brad promised he would drive back, so that Anna and I could sleep for a bit. So the decision was made, we were going to Provo the next day. This was not going to be just our normal Friday night!

     They picked me up from work and we were off. We knew we were going to hit traffic so we tried to go as fast as we could while still being somewhat legal. We sailed up until we hit Salt Lake and then we were pretty much in a dead stop. At this point we knew we were going to be late to the game but we weren't too worried about it. 


     We made it to the game and in the stadium right as the second quarter was ending. So we actually made pretty good time, oh and we found free parking that was close to the stadium so that was a score! Our seats were in the north end zone right underneath the jumbo-tron. For free tickets our seats were actually pretty good.



     We ended up not even really being in our actual spots for most of the game, we were walking around the stadium finding friends. I was able to see Justin and his dad which as a fun surprise!
It was my first BYU football game and it was so fun to be in the stadium. Its time like these that I wish I went to Provo. It was so fun being in the stadium. It was a pretty well matched game too. BYU ended up winning with a final score of 37-20.  




     After the game we were headed over to Justin's for a bit just to wait out traffic before we headed back, but on the way the most traumatic thing happened. We were stopped at a stoplight and all of the sudden we hear someone yell, "WHOA" and then we hear a thud and then we see someone literally fall out of the sky right in front of the car. A guy on a bike was riding across the crosswalk and the car turning didn't see him and literally smacked into him. It was so scary and we witnessed the whole thing. None of us knew what to do. I made Brad get out of the car to see if he was okay but even he didn't know what to do. Then a few other guys got out their cars to help him. Someone was calling the police and there were a lot of people helping the guy that got hit. We were all in so much shock that we just drove off after we knew he was being helped. We slowly made our way to Justin's and once we parked I still couldn't move, I was shaking and felt like I was going to throw up. I have never seen something like that up close before. It was so surreal and I was definitely in shock. I was able to get out of the car and we went up to Justin's and just sat there still just in shock and what had just happened. I hope I never have to witness something like that ever again!

    After hanging out for a while we figured we should probably hit the road. We stopped at In-N-Out for dinner. Anna started out driving so that Brad could sleep a little bit before he started driving. It was like 1am when we officially started leaving. Anna and I had been up since 6am and we were hysterical! We literally were laughing at anything and everything, but at least we were keeping ourselves awake. We made it to Manan, ID and Anna started getting tired so we were going to pull over so Brad could take over. Like I mentioned earlier he was insistent that he drive during the night. So I turn around and try to wake him up...nothing. He was passed out, there was no waking him up. So Anna kept driving. I offered to drive but since Im pretty much blind now, and haven't been to the eye doctor, we figured that wasn't the smartest thing to do. Anna and I just blasted some classic boy bands and sung along to keep ourselves up. I accidentally fell asleep for like 20 minutes but Anna pulled through and kept herself awake. We got to Idaho Falls and Brad decided to finally wake up. He actually felt bad that he had slept the whole way. We made it back to Rexburg at 3:45 and all I wanted to do was get in bed! We were all so exhausted. Despite it all it was one of the funnest trips yet. If you ever want to experience hysterically laughing for no reason come hang out with Anna, Brad and I at like 3 in the morning. We really did have so much fun, and driving to Provo and back all in the same night just added to the adventure. We were gone for a total of 13 hours and we were in the car for 9 of them. Never again will we make that short of a turn around again, but it sure was fun!

Im mad this turned out so dark...But we LOVE Cosmo!

No comments:

Post a Comment