Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What I've Been Up To The Last Few Weeks

    So we are all settled in the new Connecticut house. It is a lot different than Naperville. It has a very small town feel to it. It took some time to get used to, but we all really like it. The east is very different from everywhere else we have lived. It is very mountainous and green. Its so pretty!


   My mom and I have gone to town decorating the house. It has been fun rearranging and being able to decorate a brand new house. We go out almost everyday and find something new that goes great with the house. I will get pictures put up soon!
   Since me and my mom are our only friends here, we have been able to do a lot together. Its been so fun! We dedicated every Thursday as our "activity day". So each Thursday we find something to do or someplace new to go. So far we have made a roman shade for the bathroom, we decided from now on we should buy things instead of try to make them ourselves.haha. We went to Rhode Island with some people in the ward(ok we do have some friends) and went to the beach. We love the being at the beach and this is no different. Most people now I am not the biggest fan of the ocean, so as usual I was reluctant to get in. But I did, and I was pleasantly surprised. The water was so warm, it was like a swimming pool. We will definitely be going back! We drove to Massachusetts to go to the Norman Rockwell museum, which was gorgeous. His work is amazing, and it reminded my mom and I a lot of my grandma. She is an amazing artist and a lot of her paintings I have seen resemble the work of Norman Rockwell. He portrays the American family in such a traditional way.

Love Her!
    As a family we took a trip to Boston, Ma. We went on a Freedom Trail tour and were able to see so many historic spots that deal with American history. It was really interesting to actually be in the place where all of these events took place, instead of just learning about it school. It made everything seem so much more real.
    Next on the agenda is New York City. The family is going this weekend, and I am so excited. I've never been to New York but have always dreamed of going, and now I get to!
    It has been such a good summer break so far. I love being back home and being able to do experience these great new places with my family!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment